Welcome


Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Dream Big

Hello dolls! I've missed you.



Click Model Management: Courtney Cameron
Fashion Stylist: Asheton Rose -The Fashion Barista
Photographer: Paul Lane
For the past few weeks, I have been contemplating on what the next post should be about. It took a while for me to rack my brain on what I wanted to write. In all honesty, I had some MAJ writers block but then it dawned on me. Why not write a post dedicated to all of my dreamers and fashion loving friends. I am sure many of you have big dreams and aspirations just like me. So, FB is going to take a bit of a different approach. In this post, I will not be writing about my favorite fashion trends, my fashion inspiration, or how to style an outfit from day to night. Don't get me wrong. Those are some of my favorite things to write about and share. I figured it is time to get a little more deep with my readers. I am merely taking the time to share my dreams with you in hopes of inspiring each and everyone of you to fulfill those dreams and do something worth changing the world! No matter what your interests may be. We all have dreams. Take this as a daily dose of motivation for the day, the week, or the future. Use this to your disposal. This post is dedicated to my beautiful model best friend, Courtney Cameron. The one who inspires me to never give up and go after my dreams. I have learned so much from you and how you live out your dream on a daily basis. Thank you for being the greatest friend and support system. I love you so much and I am so proud of you.

Lean in my loves, it's story time....

From the time I was old enough to walk and speak full sentences. I made it clear to my sweet momma that I picked out my own clothes. Yeah I know, talk about a total DIVA.  My love for fashion came at a very young age. I was obsessed with putting different prints together. I would try to get as creative as I possibly could. Including taking a pair of scissors to some of my favorite dresses. Which my mom was not so happy about HA! There was no holding me back when it came to fashion and creativity. I was different from most kids. I did not want to look like everyone else. At a young age, I made it my mission to be different and use fashion as a way to express who I was and am now.  Remember dolls, fashion is all about individuality. Use it to express yourself. BE CREATIVE and BE YOU!

My dreams of wanting to become a fashion designer/stylist began in middle school. I became really serious about it when I started my freshman year of college. I knew that I wanted to make a career out of what I love doing most. Let me just tell you... I am extremely passionate about fashion and I will not stop until I have achieved my dreams! I plan to leave for design school in the Fall to pursue my dreams. I give all the thanks to the Lord for giving me this passion and the ability to never give up on my dream until I have tried an infinite amount of times. The best is yet to come.......

Now that I have shared my story with you all, I want y'all to know the importance of your dreams and talents. I beg you, please don't let your dreams stay dreams. One of my favorite quotes says, "Growth is painful, change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong." I wholeheartedly believe in that quote. Don't stay somewhere because it is in the norm to do so. Our world teaches us so much about following the norms of society. Especially to have a job that makes a ton of money and as long as you are making a lot of money it is okay to be miserable! Let that truth sink in for a minute...I don't know about you but that sounds like it SUCKS. I am not saying you should all follow the starving artist path, absolutely not! I want each and everyone of you that have dreams and passions to be successful. But I want you to be successful at doing what you love! Those passions and talents will be the true key to your success. I have been told in my journey to never give up! Because great things take time. If you are passionate enough about something then you are willing to wait on the ultimate result of your hard work. My aunt made a painting for me that says, "She turned her cant's into cans and her dreams into plans." This applies to my fellas out there to. Don't let the word CAN'T become a part of your vocabulary. There is no such thing. Go after those dreams and never look back. I want you all to remember this quote, "PAY ATTENTION to your dreams for they are YOUR letters from God." Your talents are no mistake so don't let them sit and go to waste.

I can not tell you all how much I enjoy sharing my story and journey with you guys. I look forward to writing to all of you more. Since I have started this blog, I feel a deep connection to each and everyone of my readers. I can not explain it but I feel very blessed to have people like you who take the time to read my posts. My dolls, you are my inspiration, my story, and apart of my journey. Until next time... I have so much love for all of you.


Found on facebook.com





XOXO- FB

No comments:

Post a Comment